The architecture of Montevideo

The different migration flows and historical moments left their mark in Montevideo. The Old Town reflects the arrival of the Spaniards. Legislative Palace : There the colonial style and the first manifestations of neoclassicism in Montevideo Cabildo and the Teatro Solis , the greatest work of history inscribed in that style is present. But in the Old City there are manifestations of the most diverse currents , as the Gothic Revival of the Departmental Board of Montevideo, manifestations of modern architecture, as Lapido Palace on July 18 and Rio Branco or exuberant eclecticism that is property of the City .

In the first decades of the twentieth century Montevideo lived its golden age , a period of economic and social advancement. From that historic moment inherited his Modern architecture and one of the largest demonstrations of Art Deco . Along with New York are the cities with the largest presence in that style . In the late 90s he began building the Telecommunications Tower , representative of postmodern architecture building, designed by renowned Uruguayan architect Carlos Ott.

SOLIS THEATRE

MontevideoOpened on August 25, 1856 with Verdi ‘s opera Ernani , the name of the landmark building of the republican Neoclassicism was the result of a debate that wandered among the names of the Progress Theatre ” ” ” ” Theatre Company Teatro del Sol ” and ” at the end prevail which honored the navigator Juan Diaz de Solis.

The original draft of Carlo Zucchi was adapted to the economic and financial needs of a country at war by the architect Francisco Javier De Garmendia.

Work began in 1842 but were interrupted during the Siege of Montevideo. The construction process is the first milestone with the completion of the central barrel in 1856 and between 1869 y1874 side body (Gk Victor Rabu ) , performed with the aim of obtaining economic benefits with local housing and businesses unrelated to the theatrical activity main campus .

During the following years the theater underwent several reforms , among which are the paintings of plafond room and scenic painters arc made ​​by Carlos M ª. Herrera and Pius Collivadino (1908 ) that now constitute one of the most interesting places to visit .

The January 26, 1937 was acquired by the Municipality of Montevideo . The challenge then was to become a public theater . A number of improvements and facilities that increased security and carried out the most important intervention in the creation of a body of permanent theater public cultural policies, the National Comedy Symphony Orchestra is conducted , the training school for actors ( EMAD ) and among other choirs . This impulse to performing arts theater montevideano outlined the system that exists to this day , with the help of Justin Zavala Muniz , and Angel Daisy Xirgu Curotto .

This heritage building was closed for six years until 2004 then reopened for the renovation and restoration of its history major . Today gives the city a year-round arts programming in its two rooms , tours , conference , exhibition , photo gallery , research center and archive , store gift shop , cafe and restaurant .

Guided tours are conducted .

PALACIO SALVO

MontevideoOpened on August 25, 1856 with Verdi ‘s opera Ernani , the name of the landmark building of the republican Neoclassicism was the result of a debate that wandered among the names of the Progress Theatre ” ” ” ” Theatre Company Teatro del Sol ” and ” at the end prevail which honored the navigator Juan Diaz de Solis.

The original draft of Carlo Zucchi was adapted to the economic and financial needs of a country at war by the architect Francisco Javier De Garmendia.

Work began in 1842 but were interrupted during the Siege of Montevideo. The construction process is the first milestone with the completion of the central barrel in 1856 and between 1869 y1874 side body (Gk Victor Rabu ) , performed with the aim of obtaining economic benefits with local housing and businesses unrelated to the theatrical activity main campus .

During the following years the theater underwent several reforms , among which are the paintings of plafond room and scenic painters arc made ​​by Carlos M ª. Herrera and Pius Collivadino (1908 ) that now constitute one of the most interesting places to visit .

The January 26, 1937 was acquired by the Municipality of Montevideo . The challenge then was to become a public theater . A number of improvements and facilities that increased security and carried out the most important intervention in the creation of a body of permanent theater public cultural policies, the National Comedy Symphony Orchestra is conducted , the training school for actors ( EMAD ) and among other choirs . This impulse to performing arts theater montevideano outlined the system that exists to this day , with the help of Justin Zavala Muniz , and Angel Daisy Xirgu Curotto .

This heritage building was closed for six years until 2004 then reopened for the renovation and restoration of its history major . Today gives the city a year-round arts programming in its two rooms , tours , conference , exhibition , photo gallery , research center and archive , store gift shop , cafe and restaurant .

Guided tours are conducted .

LEGISLATIVE PALACE

MontevideoOpened on August 25, 1856 with Verdi ‘s opera Ernani , the name of the landmark building of the republican Neoclassicism was the result of a debate that wandered among the names of the Progress Theatre ” ” ” ” Theatre Company Teatro del Sol ” and ” at the end prevail which honored the navigator Juan Diaz de Solis.

The original draft of Carlo Zucchi was adapted to the economic and financial needs of a country at war by the architect Francisco Javier De Garmendia.

Work began in 1842 but were interrupted during the Siege of Montevideo. The construction process is the first milestone with the completion of the central barrel in 1856 and between 1869 y1874 side body (Gk Victor Rabu ) , performed with the aim of obtaining economic benefits with local housing and businesses unrelated to the theatrical activity main campus .

During the following years the theater underwent several reforms , among which are the paintings of plafond room and scenic painters arc made ​​by Carlos M ª. Herrera and Pius Collivadino (1908 ) that now constitute one of the most interesting places to visit .

The January 26, 1937 was acquired by the Municipality of Montevideo . The challenge then was to become a public theater . A number of improvements and facilities that increased security and carried out the most important intervention in the creation of a body of permanent theater public cultural policies, the National Comedy Symphony Orchestra is conducted , the training school for actors ( EMAD ) and among other choirs . This impulse to performing arts theater montevideano outlined the system that exists to this day , with the help of Justin Zavala Muniz , and Angel Daisy Xirgu Curotto .

This heritage building was closed for six years until 2004 then reopened for the renovation and restoration of its history major . Today gives the city a year-round arts programming in its two rooms , tours , conference , exhibition , photo gallery , research center and archive , store gift shop , cafe and restaurant .

Guided tours are conducted .

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.